Launched in August 2020 for the fall term, Canvas is Caltech's Learning Management System (LMS).
Note: Caltech's previous course management system, Moodle, will no longer be available after Monday, November 1, 2021.
Getting Started in Canvas:
- Log in using your access.caltech credentials, either at http://caltech.instructure.com, or by finding Canvas in the menu at http://access.caltech.edu. Note: VPN is not required.
- Your courses should appear on your Canvas dashboard. Please contact the Registrar, email@example.com, if any are missing.
- How to get help using Canvas:
- Caltech students have access to 24/7 support from Canvas. When logged in to Canvas, click on the "Help" navigation in the far left side navigation bar, identified by the (?) icon, to find chat, phone, and web-based support.
- Campus groups are also available.